2019 AFCON- “Cameroon will be ready on the D-Day” – president Paul Biya tells CAF boss Ahmad

0
214

Cameroonian President Paul Biya has allayed fears that the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations would be taken from the central African nation should Cameroon fail to meet new hosting requirements by the Confederation of African Football  (CAF)  stating that –   “will be ready on the D-day” for the organization of the African Cup of Nations responding to doubts raised by CAF regarding the country’s capability to host the next AFCON.

“I accept the engagement,” the head of state said during the reception at the presidential palace in Yaoundé of the Cameroonian athletes who took part in  the Francophone games which was held in Abidjan last month.

This statement comes a few days after the controversial remarks made by the president of the CAF, Malagasy Ahmad Ahmad.

ALSO- Former CAF president Issa Hayatou had reaffirmed Paul Biya’s declarations couple of days ago when he told reporters in Cameroon that the country already has five readily available stadiums which can even host the 24-team tournament should the competition be held today. 

The CAF president announced on Saturday that a team of experts will visit Cameroon to assess the capacity of country to see if the new specifications would be fulfilled for the 24-team tournament.

Meanwhile  the Federation of Cameroon Football (FECAFOOT) has expressed its deep shock about the possible “plan B” proposed by Ahmad insisting that they still have enough time to be fully ready to receive the 24 African countries for the historic 2019 tournament which will be played for in the months of June and July for the first time in the tournament’s history.

Follow Gariba Raubil on twitter @GRAUBIL

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here